It’s National Coffee Week, which means we’re indulging in endless cups of coffee, not feeling at all guilty about it.
Coincidentally, this week is also the launch of our brand spanking new restaurant and bar, CORE. Situated in the City CORE is also home to luxury coffee and Kraft Beer menu, Brew & Brew, which not only serves a selection of high-end coffees but has its own cocktail menu featuring and exciting mix of their delicious coffee and beer.
The best thing about these expertly crafted coffee cocktails is they’re super easy to recreate at home, so if you’re entertaining friends, copy the Coco Frappe cocktail for a drink which will take you back to lying on a beach in the blazing heat or try the Michalada for something to impress the guests.
2 parts Bacardi coconut rum
2 parts milk
- Shake or blend ingredients until frothy and add to your espresso.
- Pour over ice and serve with fresh piece of coconut for a taste of the tropics.
Pinch of salt
¼ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons of chilli powder
1 lime wedge
1 ½ cups of Modelo Beer
2 tablespoons of tomato juice
2 tablespoons of orange juice
1 tablespoon of hot pepper juice
Freshly ground pepper
- Make the salty spicy rim by stirring the salt and chilli powder together.
- Wet the rim of a tall glass with the lime wedge, then dip in the salt mixture to coat.
- Mix the tomato, orange, lime and hot pepper juice and stir well.
- Split the mixture between glasses and add ice cubes to each glass.
- Pour over the rocks and gradually add in the beer.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.