We met up with the lovely Karen Harding. And we had some questions...
1. Can you remember the exact moment you wanted to be a performer
Not the exact but I remember having a microphone in my hand at the age of 7 and no one could get me off the karaoke.
2. Who is your inspiration?
Mainly the divas back in their heyday, Mariah and Whitney of course! Jazmine Sullivan and Anita Baker too.
3. What do you hope people take away from listening to your music?
Hopefully thy can relate in some way but if not, be able to enjoy singing or dancing along. I want people to be able to recognise my voice from a track and know that it’s me.
4. Where has been the best place to perform?
Don’t think I’ve found it yet!
5. What’s your favourite cocktail?
Watermelon martini/strawberry and cucumber cooler.
6. Where was your last night out?
7. Intimate gig or festival?
Bestival, my first ever and it was only last year!
8. Do you have a pre/post show ritual?
Hairs got to be right! But otherwise just loads of rehearsals before-hand, think I may be becoming a bit of a perfectionist! And normally try and chill out before and after. Loads of hot drinks.